Saturday, May 14, 2011

Fiber Frenzy--so much fun!

Yesterday was the Fiber Frenzy meeting. I am SO LUCKY to be associated with this group of very talented women. Every meeting is wonderful! Yesterday Francyne gave a presentation on thread--I learned so much--the program was excellent and very well prepared. Much better, I think, than I would have done. And much more information than I would have known. That's the purpose, though, right?

And now for the best part--pictures! The challenge for this month was Using Scraps Effectively. You might notice that there's not a photo of my work here. I started two pieces and finished none. Oh well, maybe next time.

This is Anita's scrappy, stringy quilt (it looks much better than it sounds!). Yummy, yummy colors:


And here's Cleo's scrappy, stringy quilt--and so different from Anita's and just as lovely. It's such a happy piece:


And Frances makes the prettiest flower wall hangings. This one is a gift for a friend of hers, that lucky girl!


Francyne made some great flowers--this one, too, is so happy, and makes me smile to look at it:




Nancy introduced us to "Put a Bird on It" (Youtube--such a hoot!). I just love this little piece--so fun!


Shirley did a beautiful butterfly. Her work is always wonderful:


Sue went totally beyond the expected and did the cutest hand puppet! Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!



And finally, Nancy brought her quilt from the last challenge, "Go Green" This is so clever, wonderful and the color is amazing:



Can you guess what it is? Hint: most of us have replaced this with cds. Very, very fun recycling!

That's it for now. Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment