Friday, April 8, 2011

Fiber Frenzy

Today my Fiber Frenzy group had our monthly meeting--what a bunch of accomplished artists! I gave the program, just talked about threadwork (thread painting, thread sketching) and it was fun. But we also got to see the challenge pieces that were due this month. The theme was "Go Green." And it's amazing how different each of our works were.

Jodie used Inktense pencils on hers and it was quite wonderful:


Shirley did two that were really great:





Frances used water soluble oil pastels and caught the green icky sky of a tornado. It is wonderful:



And last, but certainly not least, Sue got creative with old neck ties! It's lots of fun!



You've already seen mine. It was the "Go Green and Spicy" jallapenos that look more like pickles. Yuck, I'm hiding that one--maybe some day I'll cut it up to make something I like better.

One more thing, I have finished the stargazer lily, complete with binding. I like the way it came out.



Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment